Ipod touch screen problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slyn4ice, Nov 3, 2007.

1. slyn4ice

slyn4ice New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright,

Never thought i would be one of the people owning an apple product ... but here i am. After a two month deliberation i finally decided that (as long as i dont get the screen problem) the unit is worth it despite much hate. Well, I just bought the 8GB version yesterday and ... well I got the screwed up screen unit.
    Now the problem is - I am in Japan and I bought the unit from a local store - Tsukumo. How should I proceed in exchanging it? Explaining the problem in Japanese is not really my favorite plus i think i will be politely told to f*** off. The problem is - they are not a major Apple store and probably have no idea that this defect is appearing with some Ipod touch units. So, convincing them that there is a problem so i can get it exchanged - well, i dont think that would happen.
    I would appreciate any advice on what i can do here. Can i just go to any Apple store and ask them to exchange the unit? Do I email Apple Japan hoping they will agree to exchange the unit?
    By the way - has anyone tried anti-glare screen covers to ameliorate the problem? I know the problem is with the anti-glare coating inside the screen but still...

I love this little sucker, but i hate Apple. And can I just say for the record - how do you use those earphones without hurting yourself? Itunes is the most intrusive and confusing program ... plus doesnt play nice with vista. And whats up with the horrible audio quality? No onboard equalizer? You've got to be kidding me! I come from an IAudio X5L (and it seems i will continue to use this puppy to actually listen to music) and this is how music is supposed to sound.

Alright,
    Sorry for the long rant. Again I would be very happy to hear your suggestions on how to deal with my Ipod problem.

Slavi
  2. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

Hey Slavi,

I'm in Japan too and just got my Ipot yesterday from Sofmap... I almost had a shocker yesterday when I screwed it up trying to jailbreak.. same thought went through my mind.. "how the hell am I going to get this fixed!".. becasue I'm no good in japanese too.. but I also had the problem I tried to do something illegal on this..probably voids the warranty.. anyway was succesfully restored after a dozens of resettings..

I think you are automatically entitled to a one year warranty.. so you should take it back.. I'm sure they will ask you to go to an Apple store.. I have the Apple customer service number if you dont already have it.. and also there is an Apple store in Akiba.. I'm sure there is somebody who speaks english and would be able to help you.. I know how you feel man.. good luck..
  3. slyn4ice

slyn4ice New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, wow, quick reply

Please Register or Log in to view images

Nice to know there is someone who can relate to my situation hehe. I am unfortunately in Sapporo, so the biggest Apple "store" is in a Yodobashi - I haven't seen an Apple store per-se. So, I will try and find out if they have an actual store - if not, I will try the customer service number (I hope i get someone who actually speaks English and doesnt just "speak English"

Please Register or Log in to view images

if you catch my drift).

Will keep you posted.
    Slavi
  4. slyn4ice

slyn4ice New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    One more thing

Just figured out the touch is week 41...
  5. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

Since its a factory defect it shouldnt be a problem to replace.. only problem would be to tell them and also would have to wait for a while for the replacement... find a mate who speaks japanese... or better yet just call the Apple agents in Japan.. I'm sure even Tsukumo would send it to them... good luck....
  6. slyn4ice

slyn4ice New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Damn it, now i am starting to think this all a trick of my eyes ... is it really defective? i know a part of me doesnt want to part with the already jailbroken and beautifully set up (for everything else but music) ipod touch, but still ... i cant tell if it is just me or is it really defective ... I am going to wait for my assistant prof. who is has one (supposedly 100% alright) to compare...