iPod Touch Screen Dimensions

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by SmurfTron2000, Feb 11, 2010.

1. SmurfTron2000

SmurfTron2000 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know the screen itself is 480 x 320, however I'm trying to make a custom video background and I'm wondering what the resolution of the background itself is without the top grey bar (where the battery power life is) and the bottom bar (App Store, Music and Video bar). I made a video in 480 x 320 and of course the bottom was cut off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Specifically if someone gave me the height of the bottom bar and top bar in the home screen I'd be able to figure it out by myself, thanks!

And nevermind, through experimenting I found the top bar is about 20 pixels and the bottom is around 90 or so, though I'm not sure on the exactness but that worked for the clip I was using.
  2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OR you could make the dock and status bar invisible?
    Anyways I believe the stock dock's about 80px tall and the status bar is 10. So try your video at 390x320 and see how it looks.
  3. SmurfTron2000

SmurfTron2000 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Worked out fine. I just had to add the bars to the top and bottom and it was A-Okay