iPod touch screen brightness and contrast problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by marmota_de_campie, Feb 17, 2008.

1. marmota_de_campie

marmota_de_campie New Member

I have a touch jailbreaked to 1.1.3, with software update. The jaibreak process went smoothly, no problems at all. Installed some applications, everything worked fine, nothing to complain. But, at a moment, the touch started to behave strange. The contrast was fine, the black was black, white was white, until it goes to sleep. As soon as I wake it up, there is a sudden change in the brightness and contrast: the screen becomes whiter, like milk, like a broken B&W tv set with too much white on it. However, a cold restart fixes the problem, until next sleep. As soon as I take it from sleep (with home or power button), the same milky change brightness and contrast. Nothing helped, currently. Has anyone encountered this problem? It seems that it is not a touch problem, because I restored it to original 1.1.3 version from apple, and the problem has gone. I suspect that Summerboard is responsible. Have anyone encountered this problem, and if yes, did you solve it? And how?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Note: I tried removing all of the applications, everything I installed, nothing worked...
  2. Shade

Shade New Member

That sounds really weird... take a screenshot next time

Please Register or Log in to view images

I kinda want to see it
  3. marmota_de_campie

marmota_de_campie New Member

Hm, I think I found out why this is happening, however I am not sure yet... The issue is that maybe my touch has the same problem with 'negative black' that a lot of people around are complaining about. Going to version 1.1.1, the screen goes nuts. Maybe the firmware in version 1.1.1 has the screen bug, and it was fixed in version 1.1.3, but I suppose that happens because it is just an upgrade to 1.1.3, so the firmware is not touched, and the touch goes to 1.1.3 with the same defective firmware as from 1.1.1... And I have no solutions, I suppose, unless a jailbreak will come directly for 1.1.3...
  4. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I could just be a corrupt frimware file, try downloading from a different source. My 1.1.1 copy is fine, if you want it I can upload it somewhere.

EDIT: LOl I dont know if that post was even relevant.
  5. nudded

nudded New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Firmware files cant be corrupt. They are checksummed.
  6. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member

Strange,

I have the same Problem. I get 5 IPodTouch 8GB with 1.1.3. Downgrade them to 1.1.1, jailbreak them, and take it to jailbreak 1.1.3 (the mobile version). But this problem is only one one from my 5 iPods's. any solution for this?
    It's this Problem begin from downgrade to 1.1.1 BUT only one ONE from my FIVE.... VERY STRANGE!!
  7. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Could someone snap a picture of an iPod with this problem?
  8. beno

beno New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same problem on my 1.1.1 ipod, all you have to do is lock it and unlock it until it goes away.
  9. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member

Does some try to JB it to 1.1.2 first and then to 1.1.3? Or you all just use 1.1.1 or 1.1.3 (with a direct update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3)??
  10. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member

Ok just downgrade it to the 1.1.1 (no jailbreak) and the problem is there. But it's just on some models... Does any have an idea how to fix this?