iPod Touch Scratches

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jtsoup412, Dec 29, 2008.

1. jtsoup412

jtsoup412 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just recently got an iPod Touch Second Gen for Christmas, and I noticed it had a very faint, very small scratch on the display. I have been searching around the internet, but can't find anything actually specifically pertaining to the fixing of a scratch on a touch. I read have seen that Brasso cleaner appears a lot on forums and such, and I was wondering if the brasso cleaner could be used on my screen. The scratch is pretty small and pretty faint, but noticeable when there is white light coming from the display. However, it just looks like dust. I'm a scratch freak, just to explain my obsessed searching for an answer.
  2. Callapidae

Callapidae New Member

considering the screen is glass, I doubt there is much that you can do. You could try a screen protector, sometimes they make scratches less visible.
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    if you had it for Christmas, it's probably brand new and you haven't had the chance to clog it up like the rest of us yet. why not just get it replaced or fixed un it's warranty?
  4. jtsoup412

jtsoup412 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would take it in, but the scratch is so small I just don't think it's necessary. I'm searching for some sort of solution or creme or other remedy to take it out.
  5. GTASA

GTASA New Member

Try alcohol or really hot water idk..