Ipod Touch, Safari plugins for webtv, webradio, citrix metaframe applications?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hasse1719, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Hasse1719

Hasse1719 New Member

I don't need Iphone as I already have a cell phone deal through the company I work in. And my brand new Ipod Touch sees promising also as PDA.

I've just got my new Ipod Touch and most of functions where easy to understand, just after a short while. After some trial and errors I can, on-the-go, where wifi is available, free wifi is very frequent where I live, use seek restaurants, telephone numbers, adresses, maps to a given place, read and post in gmail, outlook (+ use Notes, Tasks for shorter memos etc.) I've no intention, though, to use it to write reports or novels

Please Register or Log in to view images

But can anyone tell me how I can see latest news on webtv (e.g. tv2.no nyhetskanalen) or listen to my favorite webradio on-the-go (e.g. www.sr.se)? Not only postcast but realtime. These work on Safari on my windows xp based pc.

And what about my applications on citrix metaframe (e.g. windows explorer/files, word, crm etc.), how to start them? I cannot get them startet.

It had been nice to be able to, once in a while, do without starting up my 2 kilo Thinkpad ....

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have a couple of older ipod generations for music, audiobooks and audio podcast, so there is no place for a PDA in my pocket.

Any suggestions?
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I doubt you'll be able to get Citrix running - usually you need to download and install at least an ActiveX component. Guess we should start petitioning Citrix to put together an iPod compatible version.
  3. picaso

picaso New Member

well..

Yikes, there is no radio streaming support on the Ipod "Safari" it has little support for most things the full fledged browser handles.
    To stream music (on the go?) you might use seeqpod, its the best alternative out there but it doesn't support playlist options (yet i hope) so you have to manually select an play each song.

4. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    For seeqpod u can just find the song and bookmark it.