iPod Touch Safari - Click link to Download a FILE?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by liebowa, Nov 24, 2008.

1. liebowa

liebowa New Member

I have a need to transfer data files from the company I work for back to my home on a periodic basis so that I can offer off-hours support from my residence. The information is in the form of binary files that are downloadable from our corporate intranet.

The USB ports on our workstations have been disabled. So, the only way that I can pull the data from my company would be though clicking on the links within a web browser and saving the files locally.

I *don't* believe that the iPod Touch Safari browser allows the downloading and saving of files through web links - is that correct? If so, is there a workaround, or alternate browser (if I were to jailbreak my Touch) to add this feature?

Thanks in advance.
  2. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well if you jailbreak it, there is a plugin to install locally on your ipod's hard drive
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Jailbreak only works for the 1g, and please conform to company data-security policies. Beyond that, you can transfer files to the iPod via AurSharing, DataCase, Files, MobileStudio... all available at the App Store. All of them transfer via WiFi.