iPod touch running really slow then freezing.!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yuli214, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Yuli214

Yuli214 New Member

Can someone plz help me I don't know what to do, my iPod is only 3 months old and is already running really slow and it freezes, I don't know why cause I don't have many songs only 200, and my iPod is 8GB. I've tried reseting it but nothing everything is the same. Can someone tell me what to do plz it's frustating cause I don't know how to make it work. Do you guys think it might be a bug or something? I'm even planning to contact apple because the iPod is only 3 months, and is already having problems no fair, but before I do that I want to see if someone can tell me what to do and see if I can fix it myself plz.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First off is it jailbroken and have you installed loads of Cydia apps on it? If so that's your problem so see here.

If not, when you say 'resetting' what do you mean, powering off or restoring? A power off hard-reset (hold power and home down together until it powers off and let go when you see the Apple logo) will clear your RAM and should help the speed while a restore through iTunes will delete everything and reset to factory condition. If it's still slow after this then you'll need to see a man at Apple about it...
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Resetting he probably means the settings on the iPod.

Well first of all....

Is it jailbroken? if so how? and what do you have?

if the above post doesn't work.

Just restore.

Apple won't know what to do.

We're the experts.
  4. Yuli214

Yuli214 New Member

No it's not jailbroken, and I reseted by going to settings then general and finally to network reset. Someone told me that might work, but since I really find know I don't know if I did right or wrong anyways, I did it but it's still the same. Also I've tried the one where I hold the on/off button and the home key, that has not work either. Do you guys think is the iPod or the network? I even have an app to manage memory. I don't really have anything, about 3 apps and 6 gamesand 200songs, so I don't think it's about the memory or is it?
  5. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah I knew that's what you did.

Well nothing to do with the network.

And about the bugs. Not like this.

Now are you are talking about Internet?

Or just like apps or music or videos freeze on you?

Actually you know what Screw all I said.

Since it's not jailbroken.

Just click restore. On iTunes.

Just do it.

It will be fixed. And yes everything will erase. But once you sync it with iTunes you will get it all back.

Let me know.
  6. Yuli214

Yuli214 New Member

No it's only the Internet and for example you tube sometimes I have to wait for a really long time and after that it only says "safari could not open the page because the server stopped working". Also you tube is not working it stops all the time.
  7. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ah I see. Well it would have been a lot easier to answer your question 7 hours ago... If you mentioned that your problem was the Internet.

Well now that I know lol..

Try this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42331&highlight=wifi+doesn%27t+work
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

if it doesn't help.

Then it's your Internet Connection.

Try a friends.

If the same thing happens. It's your iPod.

If it does. Just restore.

Problem Solved.
  8. Yuli214

Yuli214 New Member

Thank you for the help I hope it's the Internet, and not the iPod but I'll try and see if it works. Thanks!!!