Ipod Touch ??? Return It or Not ??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rash219, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rash219

rash219 New Member

Hey Guys I bought my Ipod Touch an few weeks back, and got it jailbroken on the same day thanks to you guys, still in the 30 day period and i thought my home button was not functioning properly as it was not making that clicking sound when pressed only to find out that that the screen protector i left on whn i first got it was the problem lol idiotic me

Please Register or Log in to view images

. But b4 i figured that out on browsing the net i came across several sites that said that new gen of ipod touches G2 would be out and probably out by this September. Does any1 know if there are any material difference between them?? Or will it just be that the new Touches will have only the 2.0.X Firmware installed on it and everything else will be the same?

So what do you think return the 32 gig and wait and buy the latest G2 versions if they come out this September.......or ?? ....you know the rest!!!
  2. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    defintiely return if u can cuz it will still be good to have the latest model and there will probably be a price drop so u can save around $100 (which u can use for cases, apps, even color ware ur ipod back!!!)
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Haha never mind i didnt read the whole post. There is no official announcement from apple yet. No one knows
  4. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i agree. send it back. im selling my ipod on ebay so i can take advantage of the new ipod line coming out this sept.
  5. rash219

rash219 New Member

So it is official that the 2nd Gen Ipod Touch will be out this September !!!! If so then i will be giving mine 1st thing 2morow. And buy myself a really sweeeeeet B'Day Gift when it comes out this September
  6. Redrunner

Redrunner New Member

Nothing is confirmed yet.

I bought an 8 gb 2 weeks and returned it like a whole week later.

Please Register or Log in to view images

If I can get more gigs for less money next month, it's a no brainer. Return it.
  7. rash219

rash219 New Member

well i guess you are right but i dont want to return it only to find out that it will come out way way down the road like 3 or 4 months down........as like many of you i too am completely addicted to the Ipod Touch.......but i got some good news i can say that there are likely 65%-85% chances that the G2 will be out this September....ther reason i say that is because most retail stores like
    Best Buy/Circuit City are now carrying fewer stocks or lowering their prices.......
  8. Dave C

Dave C New Member

65%-85% for a new generation in September is pure speculation. Nothing has been officially confirmed. I highly doubt Apple will just flood the market with a new generation without building some hype first (commercials, building anticipation etc). My opinion, should a new generation come out, likely for the Christmas rush.
  9. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

the first ipod touch didn't have commercials before it came out
    back in October of 2007
    apple only has so many events so it's not a big stretch
  10. Dave C

Dave C New Member

I truthfully don't remember the exact timing, but didn't a commercial start prior to the release. Maybe 1 month in advance.
    Don't tell me you just walked into your local store and to your surprise, a Touch had been released...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.