Ipod touch restore problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by nychay, Oct 24, 2008.

1. nychay

nychay New Member

So its like this:
    Tred to jailbreak my touch but nothing happened (tried with ziphone) and now its in recovery mode all the time. When I plug it in the usb itunes sees it and says that i must restore. After clicking it goes for update aswell and finds new software and start dling it but stops an 47 mb (out of 249) all the time and I cannot DL it. Then I dowloaded the newest *ipsw file and put it in the update folder of itunes. And anyways it wants to DL software from the web and then stops again at 47mb.
    Anyone has any suggestions???? Please help!!
  2. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well the problem in the first place was using Ziphone - which doens't support firmware 2.1 - and screwed it up. (and I'm assuming you were on 2.1 because you're in the 2.1 section). At the moment only QuickPwn (for windows) and Pwnage Tool (for MAcs) work for 2.1. I suggest you SEARCH before you try anything else next time.

Anyway, what you need to do is hold down the SHIFT key AND click the RESTORE button together to allow you to manually browse to your already downloaded ipsw file and use it.

Restore accordingly - and then jailbreak with QuickPwn. And do some research before you actually jailbreak it this time.