iPod Touch restore problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bob8294, Oct 16, 2008.

1. bob8294

bob8294 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys,
    I tried restoring my iPod yesterday because of a issue with my home button(it now doesnt work at all), and now have the screen with all the white text and "Ipodstack can't start! Needs configuration!" and the "BSD" thing just keeps going on and on until my battery dies.

Now as I've said before, I tried restoring, unfortunately iTunes said I needed to get iTunes 8, which I've neglected to get because of problems with my computer and XP SP3. I turned to Ziphone 3.0 to help, and clicked on the Restore all locks button.

Now I have a iPod Touch 1.1.3 1G and the Home button doesnt work at all which rules out the DFU mode. Even worse, iTunes doesnt even recognize it, and very much doubt that the Apple Store will take back my iPod and give me a new one as mine is Jailbroken quite heavily.

Any help or solutions would be helpful.
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    DFU:

Hold down the home button and power button for 7 seconds

Then after 7 seconds let go of the power button

Then after about 25-30 seconds iTunes will recognize it with a message popping up saying "Waiting for iPod..." Once it is done restore.
  3. bob8294

bob8294 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for answering so fast,
    As I've said before, I'm absolutely certain that my home button is out of commission.
    I've heard that Apple confiscates any iPod Touches that are brought to them that are jailbroken, can anyone confirm?
    And would the white scrolling text be a indication that my iPod has been jailbroken?
    EDIT*Anyone have any ideas?*
  4. bob8294

bob8294 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Anybody know if white scrolling text right after the boot screen is a indication that my iPod has been jailbroken? Or can I be able to pass it off as a iTunes error?
    I'm asking cause I'm supposed to be bringing my iPod in to the Genius Bar later today.