Ipod touch restarts when watching videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by scottymyth, Nov 12, 2007.

1. scottymyth

scottymyth New Member

When I watch a movie on my Ipod touch it radomly restets itself. It goes to the apple logo screen for about 1-2 minutes then goes to the unlock screen. I've tried 2 different programs to convert xvid movies to no avail. Is there something wrong with my Ipod?
    The program I use is Xilisoft iPhone video Converter 3. It is fast and produces great quality.
    The settings are:
    mp4
    480x270
    Bit rate 800

It is about 3 weeks old. Do I need to return it?
  2. michaxcore

michaxcore New Member

yeah i had the same problem. its really weird i was watching weeds and when i got to this one part it kept restarting my ipod. would lay on the apple logo for like ever and take me to the slide to unlock screen. i tried to restart and totally shut down and turn on my ipod and watch it at the same place. it would still do the same thing.

i didnt necessarily fix it but what i did do is skip over that part in the vid, like not even a lot. like 10 secs after it started happenin and i watched the rest of the vid the whole way thru.
  3. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thats odd i have had no problems like that try restoring it or something odd very odd lol
  4. dataturtle

dataturtle New Member

It happens to me as well.. But lately something else have happened, the movie exits into the movie start menu.. A couple of seconds before this happens the sound disappears and then the movie stops. I don't know how to solve this, it is really irritating.

It is always at the same position, if you test again. But I think that if I remove the movie and copy it again into the iTouch then it will work at that position but it can appear somewhere else instead - but not completely sure about this last part
  5. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

I would return it it is likely they would be some defective touchies out there and since your is pretty new i would just return it to get another instead of the headache
  6. Itouch2

Itouch2 New Member

Same thing

I just posted on mine doing weird things on me and mine is over 1 month old .. Mine has restarted on me 3 times today since i put my new Video this morning and it has Stoped the Video by itself without me touching the screen .. It weird cause it has never done that to me till today