iPod Touch Restarts My Computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Edwin1017, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Edwin1017

Edwin1017 New Member

I have a 2G iPod Touch and everytime a plug into the usb port it restarts my computer. What's wrong? I've re-installed iTunes, restarted my iPod, plug into other usb ports. i don't know what else i can do.

And I plugged my other ipods and they work fine. Does anybody know a fix for this?
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

that's odd
    do you have a mac or pc
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try reinstalling Apple Mobile Device Support?
  4. Edwin1017

Edwin1017 New Member

I have a pc. The ipod works well but when I plug into my usb port it restarts the computer.
    It doesn't even sync or anything
  5. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

6. imagine

imagine New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the same thing was happening to me a couple of months ago. What I found out was that my USB cable apperently reached its limit and I bought a new one and it stopped restarting my laptop. Try using a friends and maybe is the cable that is messing with the ports.
  7. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have this problem on my pc also. It started about a month ago, an restarts my computer roughly 20% of the times I plug in my iPod. Let us know if you figure something out.
  8. A Nasty Fresh

A Nasty Fresh New Member

I have the same problem! Whenever I plug in my iPod Touch 2.1 v my computer restarts constantly. I have it jailbroken but it has done this even before it was jailbroken.
    I am no a computer wizz, so I might need some help finding some stuff. Where can I find the Apple Mobile Device support thing and where can I find the USB ports?
  9. cc05

cc05 New Member

this is a solution

when your computer restart, let ipod go to the restore mode.

1. Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button. (the power off option will appear, ignore it)
    2. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button (keep holding the home button.)
    3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can now let go of the home button.)
    4. Open iTunes .
    5. iTunes should automatically recognize your iPod once the image comes up, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in.
    6. Restore your iPod by clicking the "Restore" button.
  10. A Nasty Fresh

A Nasty Fresh New Member

I have restored my iPod many times like cco5 just explained but it still restarts my computer constantly starting the next day or right after I restore it. I DONT UNDERSTAND!