iPod Touch Replacement

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Powerage, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Powerage

Powerage Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello
    I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch 32 gig. Iv had a problem with it and i'm gonna take it into Apple to get a replacement (its still in warranty)

I was wondering, since the new iPod touch is out soon, should I hold back and wait for it to get released then take my iPod in. Will they give me a 4th gen or a 3rd gen (seeing as the 3rd gens have now been replaced)
    or would I be wasting my time?

Thanks!
  2. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Most likely it will be a third gen refurbished model.
  3. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    no matter when you take it in they will replace your iPod with a refurbished 3rd gen touch. they always keep some refurbs around for replacement purposes unless the device is outdated. i'm not sure if you can get some kind of deal on the new touch for bringing in an older one though, kinda like selling it back to them for refurb value or less and then paying the difference. might be worth finding out.
  4. Powerage

Powerage Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks mate.
    I will have to ask them about that! I would be willing to pay the difference if its about 100. Would defs be worth it.
  5. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    They will give you a refurbished third gen. No you cannot trade it in and pay the difference or soemthing like that if you were also wondering. I'd say your best bet is bring it in to get it fixed, the sell it immediately. Dont even touch it. Just go to ebay, sell it as an untouched refurbished and youll get more for it than you would if you used it. Also, its not fraud as long is something is legitimately wrong with it and its covered under warranty. So yeah. Hope I helped.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yeah hopefully they will allow something like that, i've never asked them about it but there's a slim chance you could do that. glad i was able to help

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I've known liek two other people that have tried but to no avail. if you dont feel liek selling it, turn it an old ipod if you got one and get 10 percent off. I wish I'd known that I could do it with my old broken ipod nano. Wouldve saves myself 30 bucks. :/
  8. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

I talked to an actual Apple expert and she said that they do except broken iPods. ^^^^^^
  9. Wintertears

Wintertears Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    And the broken ipod allows you a 10% discount. thats all
  10. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I don't get why people even think it's a possibility they'll get an upgrade because their product is faulty. It's ridiculous when you put any thought toward it.