ipod touch repairs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pb7280, Jan 17, 2009.

1. pb7280

pb7280 Guest

hi my ipod touch (1g, 32gb, 2.2) just randomly started turning off, and every time i turned it on i couldnt get past the apple logo, and it only went into dfu mode, not recovery, when restored it would turn off about haslfway through the proccess. i decided that apple could do something about it, took it to an apple store (canada), they said it wasn't covered under warranty because of a dent thats been there for a lengthy amount of time, and told me to take it to an irepair store. i took it to the store, they said that its probably not acessing the flash drive, and would cost 400$ to fix, needing a new circuit board. i refuse to believe this, seeing as it just randomly happenned and that i got it partly restored at 1 point but it wouldnt work on my other computer and i tried to restore it put the same thing happenned. so my question is if i can fix it at home somehow (os is vista x64/windows 7 beta x64 dual boot), if not, where can i get it fixed for cheap, like should i send it to apple in usa or somthing. thanks for any replies
  2. iGOT theKlUtCh ToUcH

iGOT theKlUtCh ToUcH New Member

Jan 2, 2009
    $400?! Thats more than a NEW iTouch.
  3. pb7280

pb7280 Guest