Ipod touch remote control

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by morgz, Oct 24, 2007.

1. morgz

morgz New Member

Remote Buddy AJAX Remote

Check this out for remote buddy! It's absolutely fantastic.Its integration with iTunes is ace and u can use ure iPod as a remote keyboard for your mac etc etc
  2. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Links to commercial products are generally considered advertising or spam. As such, this thread will be closed.

However, it does look like a neat application/integration kit so I won't delete the thread.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: Link removed, thread reopened to allow member discussion of the product in question.
  3. pdxubaru

pdxubaru New Member

Has anyone used this product. Does it only control iTunes music being played in iTunes... Can it play directly from the iPT to AirTunes?
  4. morgz

morgz New Member

I was gonna give up on remote buddy today. Just got a bit bored of it and the novelty had worn thin. But.. Got the iPod touch remote bit working and now I love it. I have my iPod next to my laptop and use it as a separate iTunes remote as I work. The interface feels alot similar to that of the iPod touches.

U can choose which speakers it'll play through which I assume is where u choose airtunes if u have it. It'll also stream video from ure iSight onto a window on ure iPod. Very well thought through product. The only thing that annoys me abut is the milli second delay between command and action.
  5. tomroper

tomroper New Member

Hey,

I installed this on my Mac, and dont know how to install it on my iPod TOuch, any help??

Cheers
  6. morgz

morgz New Member

click on the remote buddy icon in your status bar.. then go to preferences > ajax remote. once you've set it up and chosen a password then go to the domain it gives u in safari.. e.g http://dave.local:888/
  7. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

This is exactly what I've been looking for to control airtunes! ...except on I'm on a PC

Whilst I'd love to buy a mac, it'd be a bit pricey just for this. So, does anyone know of an application that can control itunes in this way for the PC?