iPod Touch Release with 2.0 free?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wthoang, Mar 14, 2008.

1. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm just curious to know. When would be the right time that I should buy another iPod Touch so that the 2.0 Firmware is free once released? I was thinking that now it has been announced it does fix the problem relating to the "because it's not advertised we can't give it to you for free problem like with the app pack?"(<--??mite be wrong). Is there going to be something like the app pack where if you bought it after the 26th(or w/e) of December you could get the app pack for free once it was released?

Cheers
  2. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i dont know, but maybe wait until early July, the FW is supposed to be coming out late June
  3. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes...but the app pack came out macworld 08 but those who bought their ipods after the 26th or something still could update for free. When is this the case for the 2.0 firmware?? am i making sense?? sorry if im unclear.
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yes, and those people stupid enough to waste their $20 on 4 stupid applications, got screwed out of their money when the community figured out how to hack them for free 2 weeks later...
  5. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeh...ok i get it...but thats not the question...u cant just hack something to get an ipod touch firmware 2 weeks after the release. This is different. It would have to be a soft upgrade because you would have to go through itunes to get the real firmware. Can't u see the problem??
  6. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    LOL...It amazes me how many people find it so easy to steal.
  7. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^^^^
    Stealers..its people like me who work at apple who get there pay decreased...not really but u watch...no...it'll never happen, apple has like 3.8billion just sitting in the bank...
  8. a33a

a33a New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I should think that the best time to buy it would be the day after its release. I think the 2.0 firmware will already have the new features just waiting to be enabled by a DRM coded patch.
  9. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'd say wait until July.
    The app store might be poured over into installer. For free.
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The only problem I see with getting 2.0 preinstalled, is there is a good likelihood that you will need to downgrade to jailbreak (purely speculation on my part), if that's the case then you might as well get one now.