iPod Touch recognized as Camera.. WTF?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BusT3D, Mar 25, 2008.

1. BusT3D

BusT3D New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Aw god, I'm screwed..
    This happened to me for the first time, before this it always did normal

Well, here's the thing.. My PC regonizes my iPod as a Camera :/
    So it doesn't appear at iTunes.. I thought it would help if i resetted my iPod through the Settings on the iPod itself..
    BUT IT DIDNT

Please Register or Log in to view images

So now I don't have any music, videos, etc. on my iPod
    And I cant put music on it either..

Please help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

try to restore
    not only with itunes but try iphuc and the such
  3. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6273759&#6273759
  4. pittsteelers0736

pittsteelers0736 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that happened to me when i plugged my ipod into the computer at my library. all i had to do was turn it off and on again and it worked. but you probably did that so idk what to say.

i guess restore? cause if you put it in restore mode then plug it in it might detect it im not sure.
  5. 13yearoldbaldnerd

13yearoldbaldnerd New Member

go into device manager, then usb devices, then hit update driver on "Apple iPod". Don't connect to Windows Update, choose a manual driver (basically going aganist what Windows recommends). There should be 2 drivers, camera and Apple iPod. Click the iPod one. It may not be signed, but continue anyway. Then it should work
  6. delpino31122

delpino31122 New Member

This happened to me too so I called Apple. All you have to do is on your PC, go to Start and Control Panel. Then click on the Printers icon. Then on the left hand side go to Scanners and Cameras. Click on that and then right click on your iPod Touch icon and go to Properties --> Advanced. And then he told me to take "No Action" on the Camera bit and he said after that it's easy to figure out and you should start having it be recognized by iTunes.
    But anyways since it didn't work on our PC we tried it on our Mac and of course it worked but now it's not recognized at all on the PC so he said we either have to restore it and risk having all the built-in programs (Stocks, Weather, Clock, etc) erased (complete bullsh*t in my opinion) or we'll probably just exchange it.
    Hope that helped.
  7. gnrhfshlh

gnrhfshlh New Member

the same thing happened to me except i recently got my notebook restored and so i need programs like sharepod and what not to get my music and pictures from my ipod touch back to my computer, but everytime i connect it, my notebook detects it as a camera, and on my programs like sharepod, it tells me my ipod is not connected.... someone please tell me what to do.. thanks.
  8. Skyty

Skyty New Member

Sorry for raising this topic from the dead, but none of those solutions work for me. Whenever I right click and go to properties I get an error saying I can't access the properties.
  9. vertoxz

vertoxz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I tried everything in this thread and nothing worked.

Still looking for some kind of fix or something.
  10. Jambo

Jambo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

It says the properties for this item are not available. It says the Itouch is connected but connected as a camera, i have tried reinstalling ituned twice now but still not syncing with itunes