iPod Touch Randomly Freezes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by limisopop, Feb 21, 2009.

1. limisopop

limisopop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry if there has been a thread like this. I'm new here and don't know much. So here's my problem:

I was at this place, bored. I saw that there was free wi-fi so I started using it. I went on safari, but it gave me that message saying I couldn't connect even though it gave me the signal (I just saw that thread). So then, I kept on doing it again and again. Trying to access the wi-fi.

Now here's the real problem. After a few minutes,my iPod touch randomly froze. I tried tapping apps and nothing happened. My home button did not work. In fact, I tapped my home button once and it popped up the music thing (the one where you need to tap twice). I could hit the sleep/wake button to go to my lock screen, but I couldn't restart it. I tried clicking on the power down button, but there was no response.

Yeah... so I just let the battery run out and everything was fine afterwords. That was the second time it happened. The reason I included the wi-fi part was because I did the exact same thing the 1st time.

Anybody know what's wrong. Once again, sorry if this is just a noob problem. I know I can just fix it by letting the battery die, but I'm a paranoid person and don't want my year old Touch to keep on having this problem >.>

Thanks in advance.
  2. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ah had the same problem, might wanna try forcing it to shut down, hold the power and home button at the same time. iF that doesn't work, restore.
  3. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    go into the appstore and download a free app called free memory or something like that. Use if every now and again to make sure that your ipod has enough memory