Ipod touch randomly doesn't sense touch!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Moerloos0213, May 4, 2008.

1. Moerloos0213

Moerloos0213 New Member

Hi,

I have a 16G Ipod Touch and randomly it will stop sensing my finger when i touch the screen. sometimes I have to slide my finger all over the screen for it to come back or sometimes if I just wait a little bit it will come back. There have been times where I held down the top button and the one on the front of the Ipod to reset it. and when it says slide to unlock it won't do anything when I slide my finger over it, sometimes this fixes the problem for a while. This has been happeneing ever since I got my ipod touch last fall. I've been searching forums left and right and haven't seemed to find any threds with the same problem as mine. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!

thankyou.
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

have you tried restoring>?????
  3. Moerloos0213

Moerloos0213 New Member

yes I have restored It multiple times before. And it just keeps happeneing.
  4. ThE ToUcH LeGeNd

ThE ToUcH LeGeNd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have the same problem, what works for me is just respring the springboard with smb prefs or customize. Hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. EvanTDM

EvanTDM New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    call apple and say you got it, restored, and that you cant "touch" anything. it works everytime
  6. Moerloos0213

Moerloos0213 New Member

What are the steps to doing this. I do have it jailbroken. and I know what Customize is. But I have no idea how to respring the springboard with smb prefs?

thanks
  7. ThE ToUcH LeGeNd

ThE ToUcH LeGeNd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Theres a better app out there that i just found. Its called Respring get it from the big boss repo in installer, install it and the next time the iPod stops sensing your touch just click it and it will respring the springboard. Hope that works for you and if you need me to explain it in more detail jus ask

Please Register or Log in to view images