iPod Touch Random "Slide to Power off"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maxxdout, Dec 7, 2009.

1. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

Just applied my invisibleSHIELD screen and back protector. Front went on fine, back was a little tricky...

Anyways, after installing, I decided to turn the touch on to check my email and the power/lock button is acting weird. When I press it, it doesn't do anything. It worked before for a minute but now it's doing it again. Also, sometimes is is very sensitive. I barely have to touch it to turn the device on and off.

Another thing, the "Slide to power off" screen keeps popping off randomly. Not sure if this means my button is jammed/not working or what, but I have never seen this screen before.

I'm wondering if some of the solution used to apply the back protector did something to the switch.

Hopefully you guys can help me out. I just got this iPod this Saturday(used) and it has been working great until now.
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    After you use it your supposed to leave it off for 12-24 hours. Check the water indicator, if its not white then there is water damage.
  3. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

Well I figured I'd turn it on to see if I needed to charge it while the screen/back was drying and that is how I found out the problem(s).

Is the reason they say to not use it within 12-24 hours is because it will do something to the electronics? I thought they meant not to use it to let the protectors dry.

Where is the water indicator?
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes there is a reason for the directions they give.
    u can see the water indicator if you look in the headphone jack...it should be a white strip..maybe pink in your case.
  5. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

The indicator is showing white so that's kind of good. The water could have only reached the upper button and not the jack.

I did a total restore and it seems the issue is fixed. The power button seems a bit hard to push but it is not as sensitive as before and I am not getting the "slide to power off" screen.

I will report back if the problem occurs again. Thank you for your help

Please Register or Log in to view images