ipod touch RAM

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by uber hax, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uber hax

uber hax Guest

thanks to SBSettings, i figured out why my ipod lags so much when typing in safari, i have 3MB of RAM. in idle my ipod touch has 32mb of ram, and safari uses almost all of it. how can i increse ram in my ipod touch? when i disable all my winterboard themes, it goe sup to 46mb ram when idle, and 28mb RAM when using safari.
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    deactivate winterboard!
    your ipod has 80mb of usable ram like all the others

Please Register or Log in to view images

and also reboot it frequentially!
    usually there's about 50MB free RAM...but some bad coded apps wont free their space after exiting...

3. uber hax

uber hax Guest

even if i reboot it is still low. wahhh!
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Weird? I usually have about 50mb free WITH winterboard, sbsettings, quickgold, 5 icon dock all running. If I open safari or ipod it drops down to about 30mb, then when I kill safari or ipod it never gets up past 46mb without a restart.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    SSH to /library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and see if there are any .dylib that maybe didn't get removed from previous apps you had installed. I have seven running now and its not a problem.

Other good ways to free up ram are disabling SSH when not in use. Making sure you hit exit or disconnect in mewseek and pwnplayer rather then just hitting the home button. Also disabling WiFi and edge when not in use. Another thing is holding down the home button until the apps quit instead of just a tap, this also frees up a little memory.
  5. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, open up an old computer and find your RAM card (Should be green with a bunch of rectangles down it). Now take that and place it into your iPod's port, and it should work, I personally have 2 cards so I get a good 2gb extra on my iPod.
  6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah... for some reason, I don't quite believe you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.