iPod touch question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tillmeister, Sep 18, 2008.

1. tillmeister

tillmeister New Member

Hey guys

I'm in the UK where the 16gb 2nd generation iPod touch is approx £250 on amazon.co.uk, which is about $450.

I've noticed that on amazon.com, the same version is only $299.

I just wanted to know, if it matters what country you buy it from for it to work. i.e. is it regional locked like dvd's etc.

Sorry if my questions a bit naive, just wanted to check.

Cheers

tillmeister
  2. eqtitan

eqtitan New Member

I do believe that all Ipods are region free, I'm going on this assumption as the app/itunes would also have to be region free for everyone to use.
  3. rash219

rash219 New Member

Hmm that is a good question.....as far as we know they are not region locked as any1 can use itunes...but that being said i wonder why we a regional based itunes store
  4. tillmeister

tillmeister New Member

I've tried buying one on amazon.com, however when I logged in it wouldn't let me buy it because I'm in the UK.

I don't know if it's to with tax etc. as we pay way more tax on goods than in the US.

I'll try and find a site that sells them that will ship to UK, but if anyone nows of any sites that do, please let me know.

One of my friends is in the states at the minute, so if all else fails I could just ask him to get me one, but I'll have to wait while december when he's back

Please Register or Log in to view images

, but I want one now!!!

Cheers
  5. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

why not trying to setup an american account on amazon
  6. bdude

bdude New Member

the iPod itself is not region-locked, however many US-based stores will not let you pay with a UK credit card, or ship to a UK address. Also, I don't know about the UK laws, but if you get an iPod shipped to you from overseas you may be responsible for import duty/tax.
  7. tillmeister

tillmeister New Member

Don't think setting up an American account on amazon would work as I have a UK address and UK credit card.

I think it's probably to do with the import / tax duty laws etc. Being in the UK sucks sometimes, everything is way overpriced

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll have a look round, but the best bet to save myself about £100 is to get my friend to bring me one back from the states and just wait a few months.

Just hope it will work on my UK PC / iTunes if he does!!!

Cheers
  8. Strygwr

Strygwr New Member

I bought an ipod classic in India this summer, it works fine, should not really matter.
  9. Alpha911

Alpha911 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    @Strygwr

You were there.....I don't think he shortly wants to fly to the US.....He wants to order it from the UK.