iPod Touch question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jware, Oct 18, 2008.

1. jware

jware New Member

Hi my name is Jware.
    I am new to Apple products except music from I tunes. Currently I am looking for Spanish tutor software and a machine to play it on. I will also be playing audio books, and some music. The Itune music store has Spanish software created by 24/7 tutor. The site say iPod touch is required to play the software. However when researching the iPod tutor there is nothing about any feature that will play audio books or educational material such as Spanish tutor software. I will not be playing games, playing movies, going to the Internet with this unit. All I want to do is what is listed above. Do anyone know where I can verify that this is the machine for my purposes?
    Thanks,
    jware
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, the iPod touch can be used to play music and audiobooks.

And if the Spanish tutor software is an iPod touch application, then it will work.
  3. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

There is an application you can download on iPod touch called Stanza that reads e books and probably what you need it for. But if you have no intention to use it for games, apps or any of that, then I'm sure you can find a cheaper substitute. Just because it says it's iPod only, in my experience, there is always another way.
  4. jware

jware New Member

Thanks johnyW for your response. I will see if I can find other hardware that can play the audiobooks and Spanish tutor software that is offered on itunes.
    This is all for a Christmas present for my wife who will only be doing audiobooks and language tutor programs. I will also look outside of itunes.
    Again, thanks.