iPod touch push notifications won't work!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eraysonat, Feb 10, 2010.

1. eraysonat

eraysonat New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello everyone

I have a brand new Ipod Touch (64GB) with OS 3.1.2 (not jailbroken or hacked). At home I have a modem-router Aztech DSL605EW, where my iMac is connected thru ethernet and 2 PCs connected wireless. When I get on this network my iPod gets push notifications only for my Mobileme account. My Facebook, WhatsApp, IM+ push notifications won't work. When I go out and get online in Starbuck's or elsewhere all the push notifications work. I have made a through research, obviously it has to do with a setting on my router. Just practically tried every tip and trick I just can't seem to work it out. I have been advised to open port 5223, enable DMZ for the specific IP number my iPod gets while on network, played around with various DNS numbers on my iPod, made sure I am not on any kind of DNS proxy, I even disabled my firewall from the router to see if it will work. No chance! I only have the mobileme push notification working while I am on my home network. My Router has its latest firmware as well. Aztech technical support has no idea what to do. Neither does Apple support. Checked and googled like crazy for over a week now, no answers on the net that I can find. If anyone can help me find a solution to this I would appreciate it very much! I do not want to buy another modem router as I have just recently bought this one.

Thank you in advance
  2. moman

moman New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hey you might want to move your topic to the iPod Touch section and try their as i would suspect you'd get more of a response.