ipod touch problems!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Positronium, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Positronium

Positronium New Member

Hello Everybody,

Since yesterday my ipod touch everytime I go to music or a game will just stop that task and go straight back to home. I will try and choose a song and it just reverts back to home.

What I want to know why?

The ipod touch is brand new, I only got it on the 24th of march this year.

Thanks in advance,
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Try to force reboot it.

Try a restore.
  3. Positronium

Positronium New Member

I did that nd still it does this

btw: I have not jailbroken my ipod touch! But what does it actually do?
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    What does what actually do?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    what does the force restore do? It reverts it back to factory original condition. Do it. I had similar issues happen in the past... one issue being that when i touched it it would reboot. Restore fixed it.
  6. Positronium

Positronium New Member

No I was referring to what does this jailbreaking do?

I have done the restore thing and it still does this problem.

What happens is I'll be playing a game or choosing a song and the ipod touch will go back to home, I'll try to go back to where I was and then it will revert back to home and have this thing come up:

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    In a nut shell I believe that my ipod touch's home button may have developed a hypersensitivity. My hypothesis is that because using apps require motion the slightest motion may be moving the button. But what do I do? Its irritating because I'll be playing a game and it will go to the home menu.
  7. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well it could be a hardware issue with ur home button if it still happens when u restored so i recomend bringing to Apple store since its not jailbroken.
  8. Positronium

Positronium New Member

When ever I wipe every app downloaded (yes even the ones I paid $8 for) it works ok. But the second I put them on it goes:

So I'm playing crash cart:

http://s576.photobucket.com/albums/...3/Positronium_ipod/?action=view&current=4.png

So here is my situation! My ipod touch works fine without any appstore apps (yes and I have paid over $20 for these) and my primary reason for buying an ipod touch was to use the 'apps'.

Now I went to see the apple store I bought it from and they said we can send it off to be looked at. But I sent my xbox off for repair and it came back (working) but some half-arsed employee decided to not put the DVD drive back in properly (the drive has a something retarding the retraction) and the button of the console is like stuck. Now apple's service factories probably has their share of half-arsed employees and really with a sleek good looking product with the very nice (very scratchable) back would you trust your ipod touch with some half arsed employee? My answer would be 'no'.

PS: Those images accurately depict what happens to my ipod touch every time I even use an app.