iPod Touch Problems...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wentzel142, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Wentzel142

Wentzel142 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey iPTF, just posting here with a few questions I have about my iPod. First of all, it's a 2G iPod Touch 32 GB, and I bought it about 5 days ago.

Problem #1: My friend happened to let me compare the screens of my iPod to hers (2G 8GB) and I noticed that my screen had a reddish tint in comparison to hers. Is this a normal difference between iPods, or is this a factory defect or something?

Problem #2: I seem to have found a small scratch/speck/piece of dust under the screen of my iPod. Though it's tiny and hard to notice for the regular person, it sticks out like a sore thumb for me (I seem to have an OCD-like way of spotting scratches) and it's pretty annoying. Would this be a factory defect worth spending a week without my iPod sending it in for replacement, do you think?

Problem #3: I stupidly removed the bubbled screen protecter off of my iPod, leaving it essentially naked. Is the iPod's screen very prone to scratching, or is it okay with simply being in my pocket? (I have a case for the back, so I needn't worry about that)

Seems to me that this is a really long post, but I would appreciate it if you could help me!
  2. xr_troika

xr_troika New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hurmmm redish tinge no idea on that one buddy i know it sounds dumb but you could try wiping it, although thinking about it i kinda know what u mean but it may just be the light and angle you are looking at it in.

small speck of dust lol once you spot it it will never go away depends if its really getting on your nerves.

as for the screen i would get a protector i have got a very cool mirrord one and if applied correctly they look really cool, pluss the spec of dust wont be as annoying. B ut i woul definatly get one although i saw somthing on youtube where a guy took a pin keys and everything to his screen to no effect :/ .
  3. kentmaster

kentmaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i would get a screen protector just in case, but if you don't, the ipod touch's screen is made of glass, not plastic, so it's much more resilient
  4. dashaman

dashaman Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    1. There are tints to the screen nothing to worry about.
    2. Nah it wouldnt if you have bigger scratches then off to the factory it goes.
    3. It should be fine as long as you dont put any other material in your pocket.
  5. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The tints are normal.
    I'm not even sure if they'd except it for repairs because of that...
    You'll be fine, the thing is so strong against scratches.
  6. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Win the dust issue I would send it back. The screen tints are normal,mine has a yellow tint. Commonly 1g iPods have a blue tint.

The iPod is VERY hard to scratch on the front, but not on the back.
  7. HDADF

HDADF New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Get a screen protector, mine scratched just by being in my pocket.