Ipod touch problems!! Please please help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Poggyluvver, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Poggyluvver

Poggyluvver New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, so I got my Ipod touch for xmas last year. and I LOVE it btw. It was working perfectly up until I went to Western Super mare (a seaside town in england). I feel it is neccessary to tell you ALL the details so i can get the right help lol sorry if I waffle on.
    Well, I decided to go swimming in the sea lol and NO I wasnt stupid enough to take my ipod touch in there with me lol
    I left it on the sand in my bag where I thought it was safe.
    Well, on the train on the way back I was listening to it as normal, it had a bit of sand on it but I wiped it off and it worked fine. So, It had a low battery and the screen flickered and then the ipod went off. I assumed that it was because the battery had run out so I wasnt worried. However, the next time I connected my ipod to itunes to charge it the problems started....
    Basically, I cant remember exactly what happened, but it became frozen on the apple logo.
    So I started searching the net and I found things saying how to restore it...
    So, I restored it by doing the following.
    I connected it to itunes and held down the on button and the home button until Itunes recognized that I had an ipod in recovery mode connected.
    I then took the steps to restore it. It said it had been restored successfully.
    I set it up as a NEW Ipod. However, I still had the same problems of it being stuck on the apple logo.
    Since then I have restored it in this way probably about 15 times. (It has been frozen like this ever since coming back from western in about june-july). And it STILL only manages to get to the apple logo and freezes. (Even though Itunes recognizes it)
    But, another thing is, when I have it connected to itunes, it constantly disconnects and reconnects itself. Not because I am unplugging it, but it just decides of its own accord to disconnect itself and is not visible in itunes, then it reconnects itself.
    It also does this when I am restoring it to its factory settings (however I assumed it was ok because Itunes still always says that the ipod has been successfully restored.
    I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes. I have tried downloading all the latest versions of software etc etc. Nothing seems to work.
    I am really really annoyed with it lol I love my ipod to bits.
    I am just coming here to ask if there is anything else I could try doing to get it back to normal again.
    If anyone can help me I would be so so so so greatful!!!!
    The fact that it can get to the apple logo and that itunes recognized it says to me that there must be a way I can get it back to normal without having to pay money or go out and buy a new one.

So, calling all ipod touch experts!!!!!!!! Please please please help me get my ipod back to normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would really really appreciate it. Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1600 errors ? Or does it just freeze ?

Have you tried another USB port ? A different computer ? A different cable ??
    Check the connectors so they're clean. No oil or dust, sand, etc.

Next time use spaces between the lines and set a proper title to your topics because people usually skip titles such as "ipod "please help", "help meeee!!!11one1!eleven"
  3. Poggyluvver

Poggyluvver New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Clever.

Edit: But seriously. How did it go ?