iPod Touch Problems Explained.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrFanForced, Sep 23, 2010.

1. MrFanForced

MrFanForced Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Hey Guys,

For everyone who Isn't buying one of the new iPod touchs because people are complaining that it overheats and has light leakage. I will put this out there (but I will probably get flamed) by the amount of iPod Touch 4G's sold probably only 10% of them have problems.

I have brought one of the new iPod Touchs and I think it's perfect. I have no issues with it what so ever and so do lots of other people.

I really do recommend getting this new iDevice. Don't let everyone else's complaining hold you back. Do what you want and get your new iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

And let the flaming begin for below....

Light Leakage is NOT a big issue. I seriously think some people just need to bolt it up if they have light leakage. They can take it back to the Apple store if they like they don't need to tell everyone.... That's what Facebook is for

Hope I helped you peoples

2. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I hope I get a defect-free iPod touch 4g just like you

I think just the majority of the people on the forum got defects, maybe just a coincidence you know, I doubt every single person with an iPod is registered on this site, so yeah.
  3. MrFanForced

MrFanForced Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yeah Exactly Right

and then this is also a forum so its really people seeking help for their problems. So you only really get bad feedback on the iDevices. So I'm just helping people and saying not all of them have problems.

4. altemar

altemar New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yea, i got a semi perfect ipod, just one small light leak but you have to seriously turn brightness all the way and look at a certain angle to see it, no clicking sound when recording with wifi on, no over heating, no lagging, no unresponsive home button.
  5. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That's true, some people join just to seek help for their iPod, which is the majority of people on this forum, even I seek help xD
    There's just not enough people who brag about their perfect devices so it seems like 70% of the iPods could have a minor or serious defect

Nothing will stop me from buying it though, I've made up my mind

If i get a defect I'll just exchange it for a new one
    ------------------double post merged------------------

As long as you plan or have a nice case, I think yours is fine

6. vanzantapple

vanzantapple Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've been a member of this forum for a week or so. Came here to learn about the new iPod touch before I bought one.

Got my iPod Touch 4 today. It's definitely a cool device. It does have the clicking noise on the recorded video with the WIFI turned ON. And it also has light leaks around the volume buttons(not a big deal). And for some reason it crashed on Apple's website 4 times in a row. LOL. After I shut it off and turned it back on Safari worked fine!

I'm glad that you got a defect free iPod. I was dreaming of the same thing yesterday. LOL. But seriously, if the tiny light leak around the volume buttons and the clicking are the only problems that mine end up with, I will be HAPPY!
  7. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I just had a light leakage, but I fixed it, since it's easier to fix it for me than to bring it to the apple store. You just need some black silicone and a carefull hand.
  8. BigD

BigD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    mine is perfect
  9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Can someone tell me if they feel any noticeable temperature changes on their iPod Touch 4 when playing games? I just want to know if the (pretty extreme, but not quite extreeme enough for an emergancy shut down) heat is normal.
  10. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The heat problem is on the 3g too, I never got any light leakage on my 3g, just crappy build quality.