iPod Touch problems after installing 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DJKuo, Dec 8, 2007.

1. DJKuo

DJKuo New Member

ok, here's the story. I had jailbroken my iPod Touch when I had v1.1.1 I recently installed v1.1.2 and after that all it showed was the loading spinning wheel in the center then restarted and kept on repeating the process. The touch screen is completely unresponsive right now. I had to manually restore my iPod and everything looked like it was going ok. I synced back up my iPod (so now my iPod is unjailbroken) but when I unplugged it from my comp I had the exact same problem as before.

Please Register or Log in to view images

What's wierd is that it dosn't seem to be conflicting with iTunes. If anyone could please explain how to fix this that'd be great. I have a feeling though that I have bricked my iPod for real this time.
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Try doing a full restore and do NOT restore from backup. Whatever is causing the problem must be present in the backup you restored.
  3. DJKuo

DJKuo New Member

Hey thanks that seemed to fix the problem. I guess the statement still stands true that it's impossible to permanently brick your iPod.
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

That's pretty much true. Remember, the Touch really is just a little computer: It's got a BIOS in hardware and it runs a scaled-down version of OS X as its software. If the OS gets damaged somehow, the BIOS still recognizes the commands to boot into restore mode, and from there you can restore the OS to its original factory settings.
  5. zhangyan8212

zhangyan8212 New Member

how much ipod touch cost?

today i want to buy a ipod touch ,but i don't know this price!
  6. stinkeye

stinkeye New Member

From a store like Best Buy, Futureshop, etc- $299 for the 8gb and $399 for the 16gb (in Canada at least).