Ipod touch problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by canuks_fan, Dec 17, 2007.

1. canuks_fan

canuks_fan New Member

so here's my story... I tried to change my theme on summerboard, but then when i exited summerboard, the icons went from my theme i had to the default one and no background (not the theme i selected). This was wierd. so then I tried to turn it off and then back on again, which usually solves problems like this, and now it's stuck on the apple icon and won't do anything. I've tried plugging it into the computer and it stays on that icon. The computer recognizes the ipod, and i can play the music that's on it, but after a few minutes, it disconects and it doesn't show up in the source list. Anyone know what the problem and how I might go about fixing it without restoring if possible?
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try to log in with WinSCP and check this file:

/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apptapp.SummerBoard.plist

(you may have to translate it from binary to text, use this tool).

Check if the theme is correct, maybe you want to set it back to a working theme, or check with WinSCP again if the files in the new there are correct.

If you can't log in, try to browse via USB connection (check my sig, there are links to other programs which can do that too).
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Keep trying any idea you have. I hate to say it but if the problem persists for a while, try to back up most of your stuff and pull a restore.
  4. canuks_fan

canuks_fan New Member

yea I restored it.. most of my music was on my computer, and the ipod was still being recognized in iphonebrowser, (which i use instead of winSCP since i don't have wifi) so i managed to save all my save games in the various emus i had and they still work after the restore so problem solved.