ipod touch problem!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by new2ipods, Feb 21, 2009.

1. new2ipods

new2ipods New Member

1.Whats the easiest way to sync? I'm tired of importing the music folder to my library everytime I get new songs and then clicking my ipod in itunes and clicking sync all music, then sync videos, then applications.
    2. also i have three sections of the same album. how do i merge them into one?
    i made sure the information was exactly the same like 5 times and made sure no spaces where there
    3.also, today, all my musics became "other" in the size meter thingy and my music had to get resynced so if i would have let it continue, my music would have been double the space in the ipod. so i stopped it and cleared my ipod. how do i avoid this problem in the future?
  2. enyahs

enyahs Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Well... #2.. Can't You highlight them in iTunes and click "Apply Sort Field" and select the one that is the same.
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    How is this an iPod touch problem?
  4. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Maybe the easiest way to sync is to just keep all your files organized efficiently.

I have a computer running vista (gasp!) and it only takes like 10 seconds to backup and maybe 2-4 seconds to sync just a song and maybe 1-2 minutes to sync a movie.

If your computer is running good I believe it should sync fast. Maybe you should clean up your computer.

Anyway, going by your numbers:

1. Plugging into computer while iTunes is already up I would imagine.

2. Use the "Apply sort field > All matching fields" in the right-click or option click menu.

3. I always thought that the "other" was application data, like maybe Tap Tap songs and such, I mean, where else would it all go, it's not all stored in the app file (probably). I highly doubt iTunes would make doubles on your iPod unless you really screwed something up.

There.