ipod touch problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xkenny817x, Feb 9, 2009.

1. xkenny817x

xkenny817x New Member

okay well ive had this ipod touch since September and it's been working fine but suddenly it just went into the low battery screen and it's been frozen there it only comes up with the screen when i try to charge it and it doesn't charge i plugged it into the computer and tried going into recovery mode but it doesn't let me i'm stuck can anyone help me with the problem ??
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Here's what you do.

1. Hold the power (top) and home buttons until your iPod has turned off and is turning back on.
    2. Let go of the power (top) button and keep holding down the home button.

Your ipod in now in recovery mode. Plug your iPod into your computer, open iTunes and click recovery ( I believe it is at least, there will be a message when you open iTunes anyways saying what to do.)

WARNING: This will delete everything on your iPod.

But I promise this will work.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it's definitely NOT charging then you may have a fried connection cable between the connector and the com board. A friend of mine suffered a similar problem with his iPhone 2G - not charging (i.e. will always turn itself off when NOT connected to USB or charger) and when connected to the PC it will go into DFU mode but is not recognised by iTunes.

If this is the case you'll need to get this replaced. Not an expensive piece if you are out of warranty but still a pain.