Ipod Touch Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yulolimum, Jan 24, 2009.

1. yulolimum

yulolimum New Member

So, I have used the Search and found similar, yet different problems. However, I tried all solution methods and am left with no success...
    This is my problem:
    A few weeks ago, I was using my Ipod Touch when it suddenly went blank. I tried to turn it on, however, with no success. Plugging it into my computer immediately caused the restore windows to appear. I've tried automatic restores(via internet) and manual(by holding ctrl, etc...) and was left with an error message saying iTunes could not restore... After a few tries, I had a custom restore, but nothing changed - stilled malfunctioned.
    The only time my ipod regains its functionality is when the battery drains. If I plug it in for a charge, it automatically starts with no problems. However, if left in Sleep/Standby mode for a minute, the same fate, as described previously, awaits it. The same thing happens if I power it down. I'm not sure whether this is hardware or software malfunctions since I see symptoms of each. It can't be a hardware problem if my computer triggers a restore request. However, when it was restore, it would still play as being dead untill an empty battery...
    Any advice would be great...Thank you...
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Hopefully its not jailbroken or no one can tell it is and you can take to Apple and get a refurb
  3. yulolimum

yulolimum New Member

No, not a jailbroken one....This is a 2g, and the jailbreak for a 2g hasn't been release yet(to my knowledge)...
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Perfect, they will give you a new one in about 5 mins at the Apple Store. Excellent customer service and they don't give you a bunch of crap. You most certainly have a hardware issue.
  5. yulolimum

yulolimum New Member

Well thanks for your reply. I'm new to Ipod - lived with a Zune all my mp3-player life...lol...I don't have an Apple Store in my area. However, I know there are sections devoted to Apple at Best Buy. Will that qualify?
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    They may be able to help or wherever you bought it. If not Apple will send you packaging to send it back if you contact customer service.
  7. yulolimum

yulolimum New Member

Well...I bought it on eBay; but, my warranty expires in a year. I have contacted Customer Service a week ago. They said they would charge me like $43 dollars to get it fixed. They said the warranty doesn't cover such "BS" issues. I told them that this was not a water issue since my indicator is white. Yet, they still wanted to charge me $43 to get it fixed/replaced... Plus it is scratched in the back; I don't know if they would replace a scratched ipod touch...