Ipod touch problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by skam8, Nov 14, 2008.

1. skam8

skam8 New Member

First of all, I know I am probably not in the good section and I am sorry about it.

Ok, so I had a 2.1 ipod touch that I wanted to downgrade to 1.1.5

I downloaded the firmware at http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and the i tried to restaure my ipod with this firmware, but I forgot to download an older version of iTunes.

The restauration went wrong, and now when I open my ipod everything I can get i a steve jobs drawing saying something in russian.

Itunes recognized it as an ipod in recovery mode, but I had an hard drive failure and had to replace it(yes, everything was going very wrong that day -_- ) I reinstalled itunes i my new hdd with a brand new copy of windows xp professional, but when I plug the ipod, windows tell me that it detected a new hardware (iboot, ipod in recovery mode or something like this) but that it couldn't be installed properly, and now iTunes don't detect it.

How can I solve my problem?
  2. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    sry I cant really help.....why would you downgrade?
  3. skam8

skam8 New Member

The reason why I wanted to downgrade isn't the point, the point is that my ipod don't work and I hope I didn't screwed it forever D =
  4. lakers123

lakers123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    put it in dfu mode
  5. skam8

skam8 New Member

I've tried, it seems to work but when i should be supposed to enter the dfu mode, the steve job thing pop up....
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    No one has an idea on how I could fix this?
  6. skam8

skam8 New Member

7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What's the Steve Jobs thing? Did you have a custom boot logo installed? If so you may have replaced the DFU mode logo when you jailbroke. If you put into DFU mode and are seeing some kind of image on the screen you should be okay and your device should be in DFU mode. Now go ahead and try and restore using the Shift+Restore thing and select your 1.1.5. firmware. If teh clean flash to origtinal 1.1.5 firmware works then you can go ahead and jailbreak 1.1.5.

p.s. It's probably best to remove that link to the firmwares in your original post as it's not allowed here. Thanks

Good luck
  8. skam8

skam8 New Member

Problem solved, thanks.
  9. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What did you do to solve the problem? Post it so anyone else who has this problem might use the same solution as you used.
  10. jamesmackavoy

jamesmackavoy New Member

i hve problem also!!

i am having big problems becuase i have jailbroken my ipod and i have used fw changer iphysics ect. but now i want to update ipod ligitemitaly through itunes to 2.1 for £6.00the problem is when i look at my software version it says n/a.

also, when i click restore it says then "there was a problem downloading the ipod software for "maxhartneys ipod touch". The reguested resource was not found.

i am worried that if i put into dfu mode it will say the same thing and if my mum or dad find out that its permanetly broken then im in trouble!!!

im freakin out!! what should i do!!!!!?????
    i am through with jailbreak and i need help fast or soon!!! plz help.