Ipod touch Problem [1st gen]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fireflamez94, Sep 3, 2009.

1. fireflamez94

fireflamez94 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    okay, i bought this ipod touch [8gb] from someone and it has a battery issue. It takes long to charge but runs out quick, and when its not even plugged in it says it is [it would have the plug sign] and today when i unplugged it was normal it had the earth on the standby screen and no plug in sign but after it went back to the plug sign when its not even plugged in. A repair shop said it needs a new motherboard because of water damage and when the water evaported it left salt behind or something. The price of the motherboard was more than the ipod so is it a motherboard problem or a bad battery because i don't want to buy a battery and the problem still continues please help.

[p.s i cant return its too late for that so please don't suggest that]

Thanks
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well i would of thought it was a battery problem because of how old the 1g is..
    I say this is normal and you just need a new battery.
    Not a motherboard.
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i had a first gen touch for a long time and no problems, i bought a first gen iphone off ebay and no problems with that either, so dont just automatically blame it on the battery for being "old" (their not THAT old)
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont think it has anything to do with the motherboard, the iPods just old (dont hate me jmwerkus)

Wait for the 3G to come out, and its battery life will probably be a LOT better.