iOS 4.1 iPod Touch [Possibly] Bricked on 4.1 Jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cgroux202, Sep 17, 2010.

1. cgroux202

cgroux202 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey Guys,
    I stupidly read posts on other forums that it was safe to jailbreak 4.1 with RedSn0w beta on a 2G MB iPod so I decided to give it a shot. Now my Cydia won't load obviously, but more importantly I can't power my iPod down to activate a DFU restore. It tries to power down then it just sort of resprings instead. I've tried to do regular restores and that just gives me an error code. Any ideas guys? I would hate to have to possibly wait till 4.2 to snap my iPod out of this mess!

*Please refrain from posts that say "that's what you get for being stupid." I understand I made a bad decision, but unless you have a suggestion to help please don't post.*
  2. zombie boy99

zombie boy99 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well you can't call apple cuz it's jailbroken...... hmmm let me think.....
    Did u try downloading a program that forces it into DFU and then u can restore it?
  3. cgroux202

cgroux202 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you know of a program that does this?
  4. NightRocker

NightRocker Active Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Hey, did you try to go to settings and press restore? it might work and wipeout the whole ipod so you can start fresh. then sync it to itunes and downgrade back to 4.0.2 and jailbreak
  5. cgroux202

cgroux202 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'll try that but I don't think that actually restores the firmware. I think it just deletes stuff.

Also at this point a jailbreak is the least of my concerns. I'll take any suggestion that will take me back to stock 4.1!
  6. sdettmer

sdettmer New Member

7. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    force shut off?

hold both buttons until it turns off. try it.
  9. cgroux202

cgroux202 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have restored to 4.1! The sad truth is I didn't save my 4.0.2 blobs so there's no way I can go back. Surprisingly, the settings app erase did get it to snap out of the semi-bricked state it was in though, which I'm still very grateful for. I'm sure it won't be long till a proper 4.1 jailbreak is here. I can probably live a few weeks without a jailbreak... Now I'm going to do one more DFU restore just to be sure my iPod is free of any stray bits of the jailbreak.

Thanks a ton to all that helped, especially NightRocker! You saved my iPod!
  10. zerocool5878

zerocool5878 New Member

You can go back using tiny umbrella even if you do not have your blobs on the MC 2g ipod touch. I have done 2 already neither had blobs saved.

Before you start download a copy of the correct 4.0 firmware for the ipod 2g and Newest Tiny Umbrella 4.1.4

1. Open Tiny Umbrella 4.1.4

2. Connect your device Itunes will open just stop the sync

3. Click Save my SHSH Button

4. Check advanced options now select ipod 2g 4.0 and leave the other on request cydia and click save again

5. Place the ipod 2g MC in DFU mode (HOLD both power and HOME)
    NEVER UNPLUGGING IT

6. Click Start TSS Server Itunes will close

7. With TSS Running reopen iTunes

8. In iTunes go to the restore screen HOLD SHIFT or Option on a mac and click restore. Select 4.0 firmware

Note: First one when thru without an error second on gave me 1601 but it still worked. If you do get a 1601 error dont disconnect ipod just close itunes and reopen and repeat step 8.

After its done jailbreak with jailbreakme.com

Zero