Ipod Touch Posible Bricking - Urgent Help Required

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sprigner, Jan 22, 2008.

1. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Thanks for reading this and I so hope any one can provide me with some info that will help me solve this problem as rite now I feel as if I have £250 doorstop sitting rite next to me.

Here is the facts:

iPod Touch 16gb
    United Kingdom
    Jailbroken

To make it easier for you to understand I will rite down the process of what has hapend to my iPod today

- Playing iPhysics or either nes cant remember at the time and I hit the MENU Button
    - Froze
    - Pressed Menu again and it locked it self
    - Clicked the Lock thing on the top of the iPod and pressed the slide to unlock button
    - Summerboard opend but was upside down
    - No appplications worked
    - Then it froze and nothing would work, Not even holding down menu and the Lock Button for 10secs (Have tried for over 1min and nothing happens)
    - So I was left to let it completely run out of battery as I had no source of power to charge
    - Got to the screen in wich it shows the red flashing power battery
    - Got home and Connected to USB
    - Booted up and because I have changed my boot up sceen the thing in wich it shows all the list of commands streaming down the screen it does this.
    - I get a very different stream of commands to what I usualy get and it takes around 50-60 seconds untill it freezes.
    - The stream of commands completely freeze and then the screen completely dies and goes all "fuzzy/crackly" and slowly fades away to a blank white screen with a couple of lines going down it. (PIC BELOW:

Please Register or Log in to view images

And thats it. I am so fking depressed rite now its unreal and any supportive/help full post would mean the world to me rite now.

Thanks ever so much

Luke
  2. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

You got it to restore mode?

If you haven't tried yet, then do that.. As I haven't heard of this problem ever before, I can't help you that much.

HOW TO: Force iPod into restore mode: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24888
  3. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Thanks for the help Tomsabin.

Unfortunately I could hold down the power/lock button and menu button for +5mins and it wouldnt do nothing but stay on the white screen.

I feel as this is just the end and there is nothing I can do to fix it. Its not like I can send it back to apple either as its obvious its been jailbroken.
  4. ben471

ben471 New Member

Will iTunes recognize it? I know it probably won't but give it a shot.

What happens if you just hold down the sleep or home button. Just one of them though, and see what happens, I don't know what is supposed to happen.
  5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Man, where did it come from?? To be honest, if you cant restore, chance are Apple can't either, so they wont know anyway - what have you got to lose?

That looks pretty terminal to be honest, sorry dude.

You could always try taking it back to the shop you got it from - I am in the UK too man, feel bad for you

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Take it back most shops in the uk will give you an exchange

i too payed for a 16gb im in england

dammm its expencive
  7. Blooper4912

Blooper4912 Member

Hmmm... That doesn't sound good. The only thing i can think of is letting the batteries run down again and booting it while holding the home button. Maybe that will put it into restore, but I dont know. Did you install any weird apps recently or the 1.1.3 prep?
  8. sprigner

sprigner New Member

No I stayed away from that prep thing. Also I bought it from eBay so no exchange is possible...

I mean I would send back to apple but what are the chances of them fixing it then booting it up to find that its jailbroken with illegal iPhone apps on it?
  9. njdevildude4

njdevildude4 New Member

same thing happened to me and i was about to die from it haha
    but all i did was force restore it
    it took a couple times to work but it did and now mine is good
  10. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)