Ipod Touch Photo Creation

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by KeiGirl, Feb 20, 2009.

1. KeiGirl

KeiGirl New Member

I create photos to use as wallpaper on the ipod, but when I sync them I don't see the smooth, high-quality image I created, I see an altered image, grainy image. My photos are not rendered high quality as the default wallpapers on Ipod Touch. Does anyone know how i can get the images I sync to maintain its quality when I sync them to my ipod? I create the images in photoshop cs3.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The pictures compress when synced with the device. There's nothing you can do about that. You could create a theme that has that image as a Wallpaper.png/jpg/html/etc (or LockScreen.whatever). You could also simply email the photo to yourself and download it form there. The image will go into your Camera Roll, from where you may apply it as a wallpaper.
  3. KeiGirl

KeiGirl New Member

I am emailing the images to myself from the Ipod or from my pc? If you don't mind, can you post a link to the thread that explains how to create or install the theme for use on the Ipod?
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Email them from your computer, as you would send an email to anyone else. Then use Mail on your device to download them.

EDIT: Your phone needs to be jailbroken to install a theme. If it is, create a folder called WhateverYouNameYourTheme.theme. In that theme, put the image you want can rename it to LockScreen.png/jpg/whatever. It might be Lockscreen.whatever, I don't remember off the top of my head. That will replace the Lock screen image. An image called Wallpaper.png/.jpg/whatever will replace the phone's default black background with your image.

More detailed tutorials are in one of the theme or graphics subfora. Feel free to take a look around and explore the site. And welcome to iPodTouchFans.
  5. KeiGirl

KeiGirl New Member

Thanks. Now about to look around to find out the how-to on jailbreak.