Ipod Touch PDFG issue - japanese text

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nenene, Mar 15, 2008.

1. nenene

nenene New Member

Ive recently tried accesing some pdf files via safari on my ipod and found out that even the pdfs on apples japan page cannot be displayed on the Touch - was wondering if anyone can confirm this issue. would like to know if this is a general problem the Touch has, sicne i have no use for it if it doesnt fully support japanese reading/writing

( same pdf worked on my pc without any problems and a small test pdf with japanese text i sent to my Mail showed up ok too )

Example for a pdf woudl be : http://manuals.info.apple.com/ja/ipod_touch_product_info_guide.pdf
  2. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    youre rigth, those links dont seem to be displaying japanese characters. Safari can definitely display japanese (i have no problem with yahoo japan for example) and i can read emails in japanese. so it must be something with those pdfs
  3. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  4. nenene

nenene New Member

I had that with another site too, only there i couldn't even open one file but could display the next one wthout a problem.

I also tried downloading the linked pdf and sent it to my mail account to view it on teh touch - same issues when trying to display it.
    I dont think anything is wrong with the pdfs on apples support site. I mean if those don't display corectly then which ones do. I only noticed by accident since i never thought with all the support apple has with showing webpages and IME they would have issues displaying japanese characters in a pdf file

Please Register or Log in to view images