Ipod touch parts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by neil_1821, Jul 25, 2009.

1. neil_1821

neil_1821 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi everyone

A while back i purchased an ipod video off ebay that needed repairing and since then i've bought quite a few and have fixed them successfully.

I've now ventured over to the ipod touch and the 1st gen one's are pretty cheap, so i took the plunge and bought a faulty one

Trouble i'm having is finding spare parts in the UK for them. I can get the back casing but i think i also need a power button assembly and a headphone jack assembly as the guy snapped the ribbon on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Do any of you happen to know any sites that supply spare parts to the UK at a good price? Or any of you have these bits lying around that you'd sell?

Thank

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Probably the best way would be eBay. When I was looking for MY iPod touch, there was dozen upon dozens on eBay that had various issues. Water damgae, bad screens, etc. If i were gonna rebuild/repair touches, I would bet the parts on eBay. I mean, say you get 5 or 6 on Ebay with issues, do your thing with them, yo could easily come out with 3 maybe 4 good touches, depending on what you get....