Ipod touch OS

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Arazmus, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Arazmus

Arazmus New Member

Mar 28, 2008
    ok first post here, i have seen threads about ubuntu mobile not being compatible (so far) with the touch due to the touch runnung an ARM CPU, question for the dev's, is it possible to run any other OS? i was thinking ubuntu gutsy gibbon (GG) as the sys requirements arnt that much:
    300 MHz x86 processor
    64 MB of system memory (RAM)
    At least 4 GB of disk space (for full installation and swap space)
    VGA graphics card capable of 640x480 resolution
    CD-ROM drive or network card

no other than the cd-rom im sure that the touch can support GG, however im not entirly sure if it supports touch screen, or if it could actually be installed as i doubt it could be done via the usb connection, you obviously need an OS installed for the Wi-Fi to work...

this isnt just orientated to linux but what about win mobile? im guessing the same problems.. no network etc.. any thoughts? this would be great for my course ( compuer networks) and i love ubuntu and feel it wopuld make the ipod touch tht little bit more awsome!

PS sorry if this has been posted, at uni at the mo and didnt have time to check..
  2. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Seems very plausible since the touch is above the specs, I imagine that the gpu is capable of higher res's, its just limited to the screen.