iPod Touch OS 2G Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TechDudeGeorge, May 23, 2010.

1. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

[First,sorry if this is in the wrong place]

I am getting a iPod Touch 2G 8GB soon. And really like the use of the 4.0 iPod Controls and screen rotation. But they appear on the multi-tasking dock which won't be on the iPod Touch 1G or 2G or the iPhone 1G or 2G.

My question is, will the iPod Control and screen rotation lock be on there. Like could somebody please try it. Put the 4.0 os on the iPod 2G and double-press the home button. I read on a forum that only the screen-rotation lock and iPod Controls will appear. Which is all I want. Can anyone please confirm this for me. Since I know I can use other apps to lock screen rotation. But the only one I have seen only looks it in vertical and won't work in horizontal mode. And I would like to stop screen rotation at times.

Thanks for the help.
  2. jakey103

jakey103 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also, does anyone know if 2g will get the task complete feature?
  3. jellydonuts

jellydonuts New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    No, it's been stated many many MANY times. Please search the next time before you have to ask a question that's been answered numerous times. I'd suggest going to iPhone OS 4.0 and taking a look at the thread, iPhone OS 4.0: List of 100 New Features. It states very clearly your question:
    iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G will have limited features.
  4. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

If you mean the multitasking I know you can enable it on 3G with a jailbreak hack. But I just want to know about the screen rotation and stuff WITHOUT jailbreaking. Like will it be on the 2G?
  5. jellydonuts

jellydonuts New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    We'll have to find out next month, now won't we? I'm pretty sure you'll get it, not 100% positive though.