iPod Touch or Netbook ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Vapourstreak, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak New Member

I have about $450 CDN right now , and i was going to buy a 32GB ipod touch for $399 CDN , but then I saw the acer aspire one in the flyer DD:

i having this huge problem deciding which one to get .

i love the ipod touch because it`s pocketable and runs app store apps perfectly , but the web browsing is really limited and the point of one of these gadgets is because of msn , and the ipod touch doesn`t have a keyboard DD: .

the aspire one looks really awesome , but its kinda big , so i can`t see myself bring it to a restaurant or playing under the desk at school like i would do with an ipod touch . its a desktop OS thoo , which mean`s I can do a lot more browsing and running a lot more programs , but its a little underpowered , and I won`t be able to do what I do normally with a desktop computer , but I can do a lto mroe than the ipod touch , like multitask > . >

it basically boils down to this :

would i want something that is ultimately more useful but limited (ipod touch)

or something that I would not use as much , but can do a lot more (the aspire one)

its as really hard desicion because $450 is all I have and i want a gadget that i can use for a long time . i plan to bring this to school to play in class or something , and to restaurants to play while i`m waiting for my dimsum to comee .

any idea`s which are better ?

please no fanboyism , cause i seriously need to make a good choice here .

thanks ,
    vapour
  2. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Personally, I would buy the acer and hackintosh it.
  3. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak New Member

but i saw the chart and it showed that i had to swap hardware to use wifi is i hackintosh it DD:

i don`t want to do that
  4. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    which model of the acer aspire one? you might want to hold off, the 10 inch ones are coming next month ^-^
  5. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak New Member

i was looking at the 8.9 in , with 160gb hdd , 1gb ram , 1.6ghz intel atom

i`m guessing the 10 inch would cost more than $450 (including tax) DD:
  6. jailbreak123

jailbreak123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Whats hackintosh?
  7. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak New Member

hack it so you put OS X on it i think
  8. willytboy

willytboy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why don't you get a mini laptop for around $400 it's better then an iPod I guess but it's up to you I would go for the a PC lol =).
  9. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do you already have a desktop or laptop? If you don't have a laptop yet, i would go for the netbook. There isn't even an office suite for ipod touch. If you already have a laptop, i would go for the ipod touch.

You could also install Windows 7 if you get the netbook. I have heard it works great on netbooks.
  10. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak New Member

i don`t have a laptop .

i would love one , but he only problems are that its a little underpwered , so i can`t run CS4 , msword2007 (i think ? the pc req`s are pretty harsh ... ) , or games .

also , i can`t play under my desk at school , and i can`t really quickly check my facebook .

aside from these problems , i would love the laptop .