Ipod touch or macbook?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Balla026, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Balla026

Balla026 New Member

i can get the money for the 64gb touch by the end of june, but 3 months later a new model comes out (if im not mistaken). i could get the current model and jailbreak it, or i could wait and get the new one, which might not be able to be jailbroken.

i could probably get the money for a macbook by the end of the year. the macbook looks to be the best out of the three (hardware wise). i could get it and increase the ram and its already better than the lowest end pro. but the pro is more durable and looks cooler. i just think tht the pro is kinda expensive for what it offers.

im not really looking for a laptop that will do everything like hardcore gaming, just something i could use for everyday things like schoolwork, internet, music, and moderate gaming.

so what do u guys think? ipod or macbook? if ipod, should i just go for the current one or wait for the new one? if macbook should i go with normal or pro?

thx and sorry for the long post.

copied and pasted from my introduction thread. i need help, ive asked on like 3 other sites, and i dont get any help.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Buy the Macbook then buy an 8gb iPod Touch.
  3. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Macbook all the way, youll use it a lot more than your ipod
  4. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Is it going to be your first mac ? .. If so Buy a Powerbook G4 , Cheap ,reliable and Stylish !

If not buy an Ipod ! ..
  5. Balla026

Balla026 New Member

yea this will be my first apple product. ill check out the powerbook.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    so i checked out the powerbook thing and it seems like its discontinued. so tht means its most likely not in stores. which means its probably only on sites like ebay, which i do not trust because of previous incidents.

so why are most of you saying macbook instead of ipod?
  6. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    It has it's own iPod built in.
  7. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Well I have a Powerbook G4 and have had it now for around 6 years i think and I recently got a MB Pro for Xmas and to be truthful I really dont see any difference between both computers ! ... You should think about buying a Powerbook and an Ipod ... ?
  8. Balla026

Balla026 New Member

@Tkf1: but its not as portable, and im pretty sure i wouldnt be able to carry a laptop around school or in class. lol

@ShizerMonkey: where can i buy a powerbook? and how much does it cost. all i know is tht is was made before the Pro, and its currently discontinued... but it does look pretty nice.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    You could easily buy one from Craiglist near you or sometimes around Mac forums youll find some for sale ! .. But I recommend Ebay .. I dont know why you dont trust it .. Good luck finding One I love mine !
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, depending on when you get it, but I believe Apple has a deal where if you buy a Macbook, you'll get an iPod for free as a back-to-school deal. Not sure if they have this deal in the US (I'm in Canada) or if they even offer it anymore. But yea, that's how I got my first iPod Touch.