ipod touch or itouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iswallowbigones, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iswallowbigones

iswallowbigones New Member

hey people i just wanted 2 post somthin, anyway, why do people call the ipod touch itouch? yea it might be the short way 2 call it but dats not its real name, nd 4 me its really annoying when everyone comes up 2 me nd says, "nice itouch" or "is dat the itouch" and "can i borrow ur itouch". sure, we dont say ipod phone, but a phone is an object nd a touch is a sense. ders a big difference.
  2. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Anyone who calls in iTouch here gets made fun of
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

With that mindset, anybody who calls it an iPod Touch gets made fun of too. It's iPod touch.

Get over it. Are you really that immature to yell at people for calling something they purchased what they want. My printer is called a CANON MP520. Do I call it that? No, I call it the printer and nobody should yell at me for not calling it the proper name.

But to answer the original poster's question, it's the same reason why we say lol, omg, wtf, or gtfo. It's a shorter way to say something. Our other abbreviation was iPot, but then people thought we were talking about marijuana. It eventually died off.
  4. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks Spoon, I too really get annoyed at members who have nothing better to do than make fun of other members or newbies about iTouch/iPod touch or what ever! This site is to help others and to get members questions answered as fast and accurate as possible, not to make fun of members language or typos. If you can not answer the questions posted you should not say anything, and you for sure should not make fun of anyone! Don't you remember when you were new to the whole iPod touch process?? You may have made simple mistakes and when members made fun of you, you basically did not want to come back. So just be nice and not immature about any members questions, and I know that it is supposed to be called an iPod touch but in the long run who really cares??
  5. Tannerstouch

Tannerstouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Saying iTouch is screwing yourself over your asking for a flame war and your actual post won't be discussed.

All that flaming worth not typing 3 letters? If you absolutely can't type out iPod touch then just say iPod.
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's only a name, I don't understand why people get so fussed up over it.
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

It's just called an iPod touch. iTouch doesn't make sense, I mean you really don't call it an iNano or an iMini nor an iShuffle.
  8. AmazingNachos

AmazingNachos Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    exactly ^_^
  9. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Because some people are retarded. I call it a itouch because it's easier and faster to type. Everybody knows what you're talking about so what the big deal? I will continue to call it an itouch and if anyone here don't like it than they can kiss my ibutt.
  10. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it doesnt matter, sure itouch is shorter, and ipod touch is the real name, but sometimes people are in a hurry and i think we all know what they mean when they say itouch. but if you honestly thinks its an itouch you should know the 'real' name is ipod touch, but we know what you mean, so we should just let it go
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.