iPod touch or iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lars.quo, Dec 7, 2007.

1. lars.quo

lars.quo New Member

I was wondering for those who have the touch. Why did you choose the touch and not the iPhone just for the 16GB?
  2. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

My reason was because I didn't need a new phone althogu I wanted it anyway: the iPhone wasn't out by then but the iPod touch was.
  3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    A lot of people chose the iPod touch because they either dont like AT&T or they wanted 16gb. I personally got the iPod touch because I already had a cell phone and the contract doesn't end till some time next year.
  4. Eclipse8800

Eclipse8800 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i bought the ipod touch cos i listen to music and watch video a lot so if its a iphone, it will not be able to last me a day.
  5. itrush07

itrush07 New Member

Could you guys list some pros and cons for Ipod or Iphone? Im planning to have one this season...
  6. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Well, I am happy with verizon and don't want to go through the hassle of switching to at&t. I also liked the fact that it was 16GB.
  7. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

I would have considered the iPhone except for one huge problem... AT&T. I live in Pennsylvania. Have you looked at AT&T's coverage map? Western US coverage sucks. Central US seems to be moderately decent. The East Coast coverage has huge holes and much of what's there is covered with agreements with "Partners." If you go to AT&T's website and look up their Partner definition you will find this:

If you're surrounded by Partner services then you don't have much choice than to use it excessively and they're saying that you can't rely on data services being available at all. Most of New York and New England is either covered with Partner service or nothing at all. Apple exclusively got into bed with AT&T for a very long time. Verizon is the dominant east coast provider and they're not GSM anyhow. So, Apple locked to a partner and GSM so that leaves me out.

When the iPhone came out I literally said to people I know that I'd buy a product that was the iPhone without the phone part. So, me buying a 16GB Touch was just me buying exactly that. If Apple had made different decisions about their partnering or mode I would have made other choices.
  8. flowsen

flowsen New Member

I'm going to buy an Ipod touch because of the expensive monthly fees for the cellular provider (in my case t-mobile)

I already have a mobile phone contract at a provider which is not t-mobile and which i like, because it has nice features such as homezone (i don't have a landline phone).

The cheapest t-mobile i-phone contract is 50 € per month! I pay 20 € plus a few bucks (have a homezone flatrate) for mine right now, thats 30 € more per month for 24 month just to own an iphone! Okay, i don't have data in my contract since i don't need it.

I don't know how expensive iphone contracts are in the US, but i think the iphone is very expensive if you already have a mobile phone contract.

Sorry for my bad english

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. fredriks91

fredriks91 New Member

i bought the ipod touch over the iphone primarely because I live in norway and it hasen't been released here yet.
    (does anyone here know where/what norway is?)

and the biggest reason is 16gb over 8, I would'nt get to have BOTH my music and a movie or two, at d same time on just 8gb.

Sometimes though, when i have forgotten my regular phone at home, i miss the oppertunety to take a phonecall.
  10. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

It's that place next to Greenland, right?

Please Register or Log in to view images