iPod touch or iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tanktan38, Apr 6, 2010.

1. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, I've really thought about this. I love my iPod touch 3g 32gb, but it has really gotten to the point to where I really only use it for web and rss anymore. I'll play some games on some occasions, though. My thought was to keep my iPod touch until the ipad 2g + jailbreak is released and sell my iPod touch and use Christmas or birthday money to pay for the rest. If there is no jailbreak for the ipad 2g, I'm not concerned because unless there's just some really awesome new feature, I probably will just get an iPod touch 4g or even keep my 3g.

In January, I thought the ipad was really stupid because I didn't really stop and think about the advantages and disadvantages. Just a note, I think the iPad would have gotten more appreiciation by people that thought and still think that the iPad is stupid by Apple releasing it in 2007 when the iPod touch and iPhone were released. I know it probably didn't exist back then, but just a thought.

I know it's kInda hard to answer this now, but can you answer based of iPod touch 3g vs ipad wifi 16gb and my "situation"?
  2. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    If you want something you can carry in your pocket, play games on, and listen to music, go for the ipod touch. If you want to use the best internet experience available from apple. Read books etc. Watch movies on a big screen. Get the iPad.
  3. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What about games on the iPad? are they any good?
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

absolutely. check the home page for lots of vids on the iPad apps.
  5. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Screen real estate now, more then ever, is the biggest difference here. I say the iPod Touch is more for consuming media while the iPad can handle medium level tablet computing.

The iPod Touch gives you tiinny little window to work of off. Making pinching and zooming a way of life. Its perfect for mobile games, taking notes, listening to music on the go (for example). Truly light stuff.

With the extra screen real estate on the iPad, you can do muuuch more. Such as working on basic office stuff, make the next hit album, DJ, art, database management, ect. People say its only meant for consuming... I disagree.

Please Register or Log in to view images

My recommendation is, if your going for the iPad, make sure to find the Apps to best suit you since it is still fresh out of the oven. I know most likely sounded like a sales person. Just giving my opinion.
  6. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My opinion: stay away from the iPad. And maybe the iPod touch as well. Just get a new netbook, they're relatively cheap. I've totally changed my views on the iPad; it really is a stupid device. It's basically half the functionality for twice the price. And it sounds like you're getting bored of your iPod, so i'd say go for the netbook

7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How is a netbook any better than an iPad? It's just a smaller laptop with sh*tty hardware.
  8. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I aint getting no netbook. I'm with stick man and Steve Jobs.

I'm not getting bored of my iPod, its just that I wanted to know your opinions on the best for what I do with it. I use it everyday, but basically just for RSS, Twitter, Facebook, and browsing.
  9. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ^ This. Anyway, I say go iPad, I'm doing that and giving my iPod touch 3G to my sister just to be generous for her giving me a lot of stuff.
  10. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well I would say wait a few months since like another user said "the ipad is fresh out of the oven" so wait a few more months you will be a little more bored with your ipod by then and if you dont play the games often then get the ipad