ipod touch on ps3

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by j hooder, Mar 5, 2009.

1. j hooder

j hooder Member

ok so i downloaded ITunesDB UPnPAVServer from cydia and it says it can connect my ipod to the ps3 and stream music to it, it didnt work anyone know how to do it?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wirelessly connect. I'm assuming that this app turns your iPod into a Mediaserver. In which case, it'll show up on your PS3 as a mediaserver. Both devices must be connected to the same network in order for this to work.
  3. j hooder

j hooder Member

They are i just noticed it in cydia a while ago seems old idk if anyone knows how to get it to work
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Is it not showing up in the XMB? It doesn't connect to your PS3. Your PS3 connects to It and the iPod streams the music off of it to the PS3.
  5. j hooder

j hooder Member

no its not showing up when i select connect to media server and yes i know the ipod streams music to be played on the ps3

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. cfw123

cfw123 New Member

What's the reason to jailbreak an iPod Touch?

I have a 32GB version with lots of apps on it. But I have never understood what advantage it would be to jailbreak it, nor what are the disadvantages as well.

And I also have a Kindle-1 and have now been able to download my Amazon digital books to my Touch with their new interface -- wonderful, but of course will be surely improved over the future. I want to see the same from Fictionwise, etc. from which I have bought 45 books. I also have lots of free ebooks from them, Gutenberg and others, mostly being out of copyright books, which I want the same facility for.

There are many more iPod Touch and iPhones out there than all the others combined -- Kindles, Sony, etc., and besides, they make a better ebook reader than anything else. For example sometimes I wake up during the night and cannot sleep, but my wife is asleep next to me, and I don't want to turn on the room light and wake her up. So I just read books on my Touch, until I get sleepy. But in the dark or not, I prefer reading from my Touch over my Kindle.

Charles Wilkes, San Jose, Calif.
  7. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    has anyone figured this one out? I just installed it from cydia but no icon showed up at all on my touch. Is there supposed to be an icon? Should it just work on the PS3 now?
  8. DancingGopher

DancingGopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    don't hijack the thread, just search.....and that would be SWEET if the touch could connect to the PS3

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    while I was trying to figure out how to get the PS3 to work with my touch I ended up finding a new way to play music from the ipod on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 for free. I have a program called Vuze and a fairly recent update added that ability. All I did was transfer my songs from itunes to my desktop and then drag them to PS3 folder or the 360 folder, or both if you want on the vuze main screen. I did it and turned on both sytems and worked flawlessly! I guess its like ORB but this is free and I havn't gotten ORB to work good for me yet anyway!

EDIT: Just delete this if its not related enough to this thread. I just got excited about it lol