iPOD Touch on an older eMac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by biggame, Dec 27, 2008.

1. biggame

biggame New Member

I purchased an iPod Touch for use with an older (5 years old?) eMac. The eMac runs on a Power PC G4 (1.1) but only has 256 MB or memory - which I believe is not enough for the Touch. Also an issue, the OS is 10.3.9 which I believe is also not current enough.

My questions: Do I need to add memory and is this easy and inexpensive? Also, can I upgrade to the Leopord OS and will these two items allow me to successfully use the iPod Touch with this older Mac? Thanks for any help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

yea, u'll proably need more than this, but u can try. download itunes and connect, and hopefully u have enough memory for the apps and music. if not, u should probably buy an external harddrive or something like that
  3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Does iTunes 8 run on it?
    If yes, then everything shuld work.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No, of course iTunes 8 won't run on an old eMac. The computer doesn't meet iTunes requirements so you'll need to get more memory (RAM) like you mentioned for your eMac.

It's not a hard process. You just need to buy a stick of RAM (I would recommend getting 1GB) that matches your eMac. But I would check if there's another slot inside your computer for an additional stick of RAM/memory first.

Also, you can't upgrade the OS to Leopard on an eMac because it falls well below the minimum system requirements for OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
  5. Imitation

Imitation New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It won't be able to work on v10.3.9. On Apple's website, the minimum version is 10.4.10. So you're SOL when it comes to the operating system requirement.
  6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh your on tiger kool
    i was tryin to get tiger on my dads old macintosh powerbook g3 but it couldnt

Please Register or Log in to view images