ipod touch on 3.1.3 but want to jailbreak it

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sofia, Feb 21, 2010.

1. sofia

sofia New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    first of all hello to you all,this is my first visit and by the looks of this site and info in it its awesome.

ive got a ipod touch 1g with 16gb,its got the dreaded 3.1.3 firmware on it which i updated via itunes.
    ive tried to jailbreak the ipod by using snowbreze v1.5,it all went well but im stuck on the last bit where it says the custom firmware is saved on the desktop.
    after that it says to restore my ipod which i did by pressing the shift button on pc and restore option in itunes and selected the firmware snowbreeze created on my desktop which is snowbreeze_ipod touch 1g,when i do that it satart to restore the ipod til i get a wondow popping up telling me the ipod cant be restored error 1604.

have i done something wrong ive read abit on this and have done the usb port change,im using vista,shutdown pc,uninstalled the itunes,im running the latest one.
    please help as i dont know where im going wrong,

thanks in advance.
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    restore the iPod normally through iTunes, then jailbreak with the newest version of Redsn0w.
  3. sofia

sofia New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hiya there thanks for info,ive just d/loaded rednow 0.8 and put in the firmware 3.1.2_7dll,ive the 1g ipod touch,is this the right firmware to put on as redsn0w says it doesnt recognise it.

thanks for help.
  4. nintendokid97

nintendokid97 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    downgrade to 3.1.2, a HELLA better broskii!
  5. sofia

sofia New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey thanks i was thinking of that too,ill look on the site for tut,thanks
  6. Aodhan97

Aodhan97 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if you are on 3.1.3 you should download the latest redsn0w ,which is 0.9.3, and jailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. sofia

sofia New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok ive done that now its telling me to turm off/on home button etc to restore it but when i do that it just takes me back to the green battery charge bit on startup of ipod,yet it should display the ipod/usb logo like it did when it was restored through itunes,hmmm done it several times now and googled it to se if i was doing it wrong too.

p.s ok correct me if im wrong,what ive done is restored it through itune then installed what it asked me to do in redsn0w 9.3,i then restored the ipod through the itunes and it said your ipod is in recovery mode,the box in the redsn0w said click finish.
    now the part im confused on is itunes is saying itunes is in recovery mode you must restore it to use itunes,now do i click ok or do i leave it,atm my ipod has a black screen but the pc detects it.
    what shall i do as its my first time and dont want to knack it up.

thanks